REMINDER STREET SWEEPING TO START MARCH 5, 2019
This email is a reminder that Street Sweeping will begin on March 5th. Last Year, mechanical Street Sweepers removed 12,000 tons of debris while cleaning over 105,000 miles of city streets. Please encourage residents to move their cars as street sweeping signs will be enforced.
Please get out the following information to your members, residents and community.
AS OF MARCH 5, 2019 MECHANICAL STREET SWEEPING WILL BE IN EFFECT IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!
• Mechanical Street Sweeping routes have been expanded and reorganized in your area.
• Parking restriction hours have been changed to accommodate longer routes.
• Once installed, NO PARKING signs are enforceable.
• Mechanical Street Sweeping removes litter, trash, vehicle fluids and micro pollutants from your community.
• Trash and litter can block storm drains, causing localized flooding during heavy rains.
• Mechanical Street Sweeping removes pollutants before they reach our urban streams, the Inner Harbor and eventually the Chesapeake Bay.
• Please move your vehicle on the day and times indicated on the posted signs.
• For questions and/or concerns, please call 311.
Terrance G. Brown
Liaison Officer 1
Baltimore City Department of Public Works
200 Holliday Street, 2nd Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Office: (410) 396-8966 Cell: (443) 835-6441